FREE RESOURCES: MULTI-MEDIA, ONGOING SUPPORT, WORLDWIDE
Creative Edge Focusing™ believes in empowering people to help themselves. We teach “human literacy: the Core Skills needed for creativity and change, conflict resolution, and innovative problem solving.
The PRISMS/S Focusing Process and Creative Edge Focusing Pyramid of Skills and Methods become a life-style change, integrating into many aspects of home and work life.
THE SPARKLE: Newsletter, Support Group, Free Training, Articles, Personality Tests, Worldwide Links
Whether you purchase coaching in the Core Skills, consultation and onsite training to build a Creative Edge Organization, or our self-help manual, Focusing In Community (Focusing en Comunidad), with multi-media bonus materials, we highly recommend that you connect to the following FREE Resources right away:
- subscribe to our e-newsletter, Instant “Ahah!”s, for frequent reminders to practice the skills and innovative new ways to integrate them into your home and work life and immediately download our Free Instant “Ahah!’s Mini-Manual of ten skills you can apply immediately
- join our Creative Edge Focusing email discussion/support group, for ongoing support and immediately download our Free Complete Focusing Instructions to start practicing immediately
- email Dr. Kathy McGuire immediately at email@example.com to arrange a Free Phone Consult for advice on how you might best proceed in incorporating Listening and Focusing into your personal and work situations and immediately download Dr. McGuire’s article, “Collaborative Edge Focusing Decision Making Method” to start running Creative Edge meetings TODAY!
FREE Instant “Ahah!”s Manual and E-Newsletter: Weekly Reminders To Practice New Approaches Right Now
You can try the first six Instant “Ahah!’s by clicking on the links in the right-side column.
You can immediately download our complete Instant “Ahah!”s Mini-Manual, which includes all 10 simple approaches you can incorporate into your life right now, and subscribe to our Instant “Ahah!”s e-newsletter by clicking the FREE Instant “Ahah!”s icon NOW.
Through the Instant “Ahah!”s e-newsletter, you will receive an instant, weekly reminder to pause and spend a few moments of Intuitive Focusing immediately. You will receive other exercises in Focused Listening and Intuitive Focusing in small bites, just enough to try out week by week. You will get “What’s New” on the website, and the best from the Creative Edge e-discussion list.. As a bonus, you’ll get Dr. McGuire’s Intuitive Recipes for carefree, healthy eating, Collaborative Edge Sexuality for increased intimacy, best books and movies, who knows!!!! Instant “Ahah!”s in every issue.
Click the icon NOW to subscribe to Instant “Ahah!s” e-newsletter and immediately download Instant “Ahah!”s Mini Manual, 10 new approaches to try right now. You can, of course, unsubscribe anytime, but I hope you will let me remind you to practice Intuitive Focusing at least for 10-20 minutes every week when the newsletter comes!
FREE Immediate Focusing Instructions Plus Continuous Support and Problem Solving Help
We would like you to be able to start practicing our Core Skill Intuitive Focusing immediately. However, we would also like you to have ongoing support and help as you begin this adventure. We’d like you to join our Creative Edge Focusing e-discussion/support list now for ongoing support and ideas from others integrating PRISMS/S into their home and work lives. Dr. McGuire will facilitate and answer questions that arise.
After joining, you can immediately download Complete Focusing Instructions including:
- Pre-Focusing Exercises (each 10-20 minutes long):
- Relaxation Exercises
- Noticing Meditation
- At The Beach Imagery
- In The Forest Imagery
- Counting Meditation
- Tense and Relax
- Getting A Felt Sense
- The “Feel” of “Easy” and “Difficult” Person
- Starting From The Bottom Up
- Clearing A Space
- The Felt Sense of a Situation
- Relaxation Exercises
- Complete Focusing Instructions (each 20-30 minutes long):
- “How Am I Today?”
- Clearing A Space and Focusing
- Focusing On A Specific Situation
Click icon FREE Focusing Instructions to join the e-discussion/support group and immediately download Free Complete Focusing Instructions.
FREE Phone Consult with Dr. Kathy McGuire
Click the Free Phone Consult icon to email Dr. Kathy McGuire at firstname.lastname@example.org with best times to speak by phone for a free twenty-minute consult. She can hear your needs or interests and give you advice on how to best proceed to integrate PRISMS/S, with Listening/Focusing Skills, into your personal and work situations. You will also immediately be able to download the “Collaborative Edge Focusing Decision Making Method” article for Creative Edge meetings starting TODAY!
More Sparkle: More Resources!
FREE Personality Tests! Understand Individual Differences
The realization that individuals are really different, as if they came from another planet, is essential to understanding and resolving conflicts and working together in relationships, teams, groups, communities, or nations. See the Personality Tests menu in the sidebar for some of the models we find most useful for understanding people’s differing personality, relationship, learning, and leadership styles.
Dr. McGuire has written many articles over her thirty year career. Scroll through the listings to find short (useful for introducing others to our Core Concepts) and longer articles on topics from grieving to parenting to intimate relationship to building community to spirituality to collaborative decision making to brief therapy to psychology of woman and more!!!
Articles (PDF Files)
- Experiential Focusing Therapy
- Focusing and Spirituality: The Still, Small Voice Within
- Grieving Childbearing Issues Part One
- Active Grieving Part Two
- Experiential Focusing Therapy: A Unifying Humanistic Therapy
- Book and Tape Review: Experiential Dimension In Therapy Manual and Focusing Awareness Video
- The Focusing Community
- Focusing Therapy: Brief Therapy Humanistically
- Parents As Mirrors For Their Children
- Parenting: Setting Limits While Allowing Choices
- Positive Parenting: Listening To Your Child, Listening To Your Partner, Listening To Yourself
- Focusing: You Wake Up Depressed For No Reason
- Tears and Focusing
- Jung, MBTI, and Experiential Theory
- Being Touched and Being Moved: The Spiritual Value of Tears
- Focusing Inner Child Work With Abused Clients
- Caring Confrontation In Experiential Therapy
- Psychotherapy Training Through Peer Counseling
- Listening and Interruptions In Task-Oriented Groups (dissertation excerpt)
- Don’t Fight ‘Em, Join ‘Em: A Community-Wide Intervention for ADHD
- Experiential Focusing As A Brief Therapy Intervention
- The Body As A Source Of Knowledge
- Existential/Phenomenology: A Philosophy Of Feminine Experience
- Finding The Meaning Of Tears
- Medical Change Events With Experiential Focusing
- Listening and Focusing In Supportive Community
- Focusing Therapy: Theory, Research,Practice, and Training
- Affect in Focusing and Experiential Therapy
- Changes: A Peer-Counseling Model for Community Mental Health
- Collaborative Edge Decision Making
- Instant "Ahah!" Mini-Manual
- Complete Focusing Instructions
- Focusing in Community: Introduction
- Creative Edge Organizations: Businesses and Organizations as a 'Kind' of Focusing Community
Articles by Others
Articles in Spanish:
- Método de Toma de Decisiones desde el Borde de Colaboración
- Destreza Básica: Focusing Intuitivo
- Destreza Básica: Escucha Focalizada
- Proceso de Solución de Problemas PRISMAS
- La Piramide de Borde Creativo
- "Ajás" Instantáneos
- Cultura de Creatividad
- Focusing - Individualmente, con un Entrenador de Borde Creativo ó con un Terapeuta de Focusing Experiencial
- Turnos Iguales para el Intercambio de Escucha y Focusing
- Focusing Interpersonal - Usar la Escucha/Focusing para facilitar la Resolución de Conflictos
- Focusing en Comunidad: Introducción
- Reuniones de Toma de Decisiones
- Communidades de Focusing
- Organizaciones de Borde Creativo
You will find a wide variety of books, tapes, CDs/DVDs by a variety of Focusing teachers at http://www.focusing.org/eShop/10Browse.asp?category=Focusing%20Books and related links in The Focusing Institute Store.
You will find a complete, interactive archive (The Gendlin Online Library) of the works of Eugene Gendlin, creator of Focusing, at www.focusing.org/gendlin
Here are some related websites:
Specific to Focusing:
Want to learn more about Focused Listening and Intuitive Focusing?
- Subscribe to weekly e-course
- Join e-discussion/practice/support groups
- Purchase Self-Help Package
- Purchase Coaching/Consulting
These materials are offered purely as self-help skills. In providing them, Dr. McGuire is not engaged in rendering psychological, financial, legal, or other professional services. If expert assistance or counseling is needed, the services of a competent professional should be sought.